It took me five or so years to become fully accustomed to the fact that Alice Euphoria is actually called Alice Euphemia. Every time I read it somewhere I have to check, and am waiting to gloat when I find someone else who makes the same mistake.
"Sometimes the fluffy bunny of incredulity zooms round the bend so rapidly that the greyhound of language is left, agog, in the starting cage." - David Mitchell and the other myriad pearls in The Cloud Atlas are making the concept of this weekend with nothing to do an an interstate boyfriend extremely appealing.
I've been drinking black instant coffee the past few days, because black coffee reminds me of mum and I'm only going to drink milky coffee when I really crave it now. Like this afternoon, with rice and peanut balls as a substitute for chocolate, because it's too rainy to venture across the road to 7-11.
Wednesday, November 17, 2010
- Winning trivia last week. The capital of Sierra Leone is Freetown.
- Ignoring the drink card prize and piking on trivia this week, to finish my assignment.
- Five weeks until Japan, and less time to cushion the blow of the $700 rail pass.
- The Cloud Atlas.
- Greyhounds are supposedly hypoallergenic. Not yet having worked out whether this applies
to me means that there's still a chance that it does.
- Being genuinely dejected that my work coffee partner won't be at work tomorrow.
- My bike. It's a well oiled machine that takes me places.
- Harry Potter coming out tomorrow! I couldn't stomach reading more than two of the books, but the movies are another thing altogether.
- Being intellectually challenged by uni.